Last updated: July 2023
Our mission is to make life simpler. We think privacy policies should be like that too.
1. About Us
Eggy is an Australian software company based on the Gold Coast, Queensland. Eggy was founded in 2018 and the first version of the Eggy app was released to the public in 2020.
This policy is designed to inform you about how we handle your personal information and how we comply with our legal obligations.
In this policy, when we refer to ‘Eggy', we're referring to all Eggy's products. This includes the Eggy mobile app, web app and website. When we refer to ‘Eggy Pty Ltd' (ACN 636 901 258) or ‘us' or ‘we' or ‘our', we're referring to Eggy the company.
We refer to the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and the Privacy Act 1988 (The Act) in this policy. These govern our obligations around Eggy's personal information handling practices in Australia. Where Eggy is accessed outside of Australia, additional provisions may apply that are outlined in the section “Specific Provisions for California Residents”.
Personal information, as per The Act, includes a broad range of information that could identify an individual. For example, an individual's name, address, sensitive information, photographs, internet protocol (IP) addresses and location information from a mobile device.
2. How we protect and handle your information
Our intention is to build an app that helps busy people manage all their life's info in the one place. We collect and use information from you so that you can do that.
As Eggy users ourselves, we know that personal information, like your life admin info, is so important to you. That's why we only collect the information that's necessary to deliver on our intention to make life simpler.
We're committed to making sure your information is protected and handled appropriately. So we've implemented technical, organisational and physical security measures that are according to best practice standards.
We're always trying to improve and optimise your experience with Eggy. And we also want to promptly resolve any technical issues that you may encounter when using Eggy. We need to collect information from you to do these things too.
We don't sell your information to third parties. Your information is always yours. You can access, edit, or delete your information at any time.
We take privacy seriously. And we are nothing without our users. Protecting our users' information is ingrained in our culture, and our privacy practices are in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), under the Privacy Act 1988 (The Act).
We want you to feel confident that we protect your information and handle it appropriately. We also want to be clear about how we protect and handle your information. Below are some specifics around that.
3. What information we collect and why we collect it
|What information we collect||Why we collect it|
e.g. your name and email address
e.g. your files, images and other content you add
e.g. your emails and messages to us
e.g. device information, cookies and data analytics
|Approximate location information|
e.g. Sydney, Santa Clara, Wellington
e.g. crash logs, performance data
|Research data e.g. user interviews and surveys|
|Cookies and similar technologies e.g. web beacons, pixels, tags, and scripts|
4. How we collect and handle your information
We collect information from you when you access or use Eggy. This may be when you use the Eggy mobile app or web app, or when you visit the Eggy website.
Your information collected through Eggy may be stored, transferred and processed in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Ukraine and any other country in which Eggy or its subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities or employ staff or contractors.
Eggy may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliated entities, and to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
As a result, we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. However, we always take steps to ensure that your information remains protected wherever it is stored and processed in accordance with applicable laws.
In the event that you contact us to ask for help with using Eggy or to share feedback about Eggy, we collect that information too.
We may also collect information from you when you interact with us on publicly available platforms e.g. if you send us a message or leave a comment on an Eggy social media post.
In certain circumstances, we may collect personal information about you from third parties. This includes service providers who we use to deliver on our intention, to communicate with our users' and to help us optimise your experience of Eggy.
Where possible and appropriate, users' information is deidentified and aggregated to protect individuals' anonymity.
5. Who we may share your information with
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
Only authorised Eggy team members can access your information. Everyone in the Eggy team, including employees, advisors and contractors, is given access to only what they need to do their job, as per the principle of least privilege.
We only work with service providers who we trust and we have agreements in place with them to protect your information.
We may share your personal information with third parties as detailed below.
- With service providers. We share personal information for business purposes with service providers that provide us with services for the purpose of operating Eggy, opening and operating your account as well as providing ancillary services and solutions. These include, among others, hosting services, billing and payment processors and vendors, CRM systems, forum hosting, community management services, data and cybersecurity services, web analytics and performance tools, translation tools, IT SaaS services, session recording, communication systems, mailing systems, data optimization and marketing services, data enrichment services, legal and financial advisors or technical consultants. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to require third parties to adequately safeguard your personal information and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
- For legal reasons. We share personal information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other parties in order to respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or to regulatory authorities, if we believe we are required to do so by law, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes; when we believe it necessary or appropriate to disclose personal information to law enforcement authorities, such as to investigate actual or suspected fraud or violations of law, breaches of security, or breaches of this Policy; to respond to claims against us; and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Eggy, our customers, or the public.
- For payments and fraud detection. We share personal information with payment processors, fraud detection agencies and similar third parties for the purpose of facilitating payments done via Eggy and securing Eggy and protecting it against fraud, unauthorised transactions (such as money laundering), claims or other liabilities.
- With social media partners. Eggy includes certain social media features, including single sign on features. We also share limited personal information with such social media platforms and marketing partners, such as Facebook and Google, to promote our services or Eggy shared spaces. Such features and third party services collect certain information about you and may set a cookie to enable their functionality. Such third parties’ features are governed by their policies.
All of our infrastructure is hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS) data centres and we generally don't disclose your personal information to entities outside of Australia. Sometimes however, subject to relevant law, we may disclose your information to individuals or organisations that are overseas. This is only done when we've taken steps to ensure that your information will be treated as favourably as it is under The Act.
If required to do so by law or court orders, we may also share your information with government and law enforcement agencies.
In the event that other entities acquire ownership or operation of Eggy, your information will be transferred to those entities. But we'd inform you prior if that were to happen.
You may share the information in your Eggy app with other holders of an Eggy account. Similarly, you can disable the other account holder's access to the shared information within the app.
6. How we keep your information safe
Protecting our users' information is ingrained in our culture. We use secure systems and processes to help protect your information. All files uploaded by Eggy users' are stored in Australian AWS cloud-based data centres.
We've implemented technical, organisational and physical security measures that are according to best practice standards. We use a combination of encryption, secure storage, and human controls to keep your information safe.
As part of our commitment to privacy, we'll routinely review these security procedures and consider other new technologies and methods as they evolve.
You can read more about how we keep your information safe in our Security Centre.
7. How long we keep your information for
We apply a general rule of keeping personal information only for as long as is required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances, we will retain your personal information for longer periods of time. In particular, for the following purposes:
- as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations, e.g. so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges; and
- in relation to personal information from closed accounts to comply with applicable laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce Eggy’s Terms of Service and take other actions as permitted by law.
8. How we protect children's privacy
Eggy is offered and available to users who are at least 18 years of age or older and of legal age to form a binding contract. Minors under 18 and at least 13 years of age, are only permitted to use Eggy through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian with their appropriate permission.
Minors under 13 are not permitted to use Eggy. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Parents and guardians should at all times supervise their children's activities.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that personal information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
9. How we would manage a data breach
If Eggy suffers a data breach, we will take all necessary steps to comply with the Notifiable Data Breaches scheme as per The Act. This means we would enact our Data Breach Response Plan and notify affected individuals and the Australian Information Commissioner if the data breach is likely to result in serious harm.
If you believe that your personal information has been accessed or disclosed without authorisation or has been lost, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
10. Accessing and deleting your information
You can access, edit or delete your information at any time by logging into your Eggy account.
You can also delete your account and its contents in the Account section of your Eggy app.
When you delete your personal information, we take reasonable steps to ensure that it is removed from our systems and permanently destroyed within 7 days.
If you're unable to delete your account and its contents by yourself, you can ask us to do it by sending an email to email@example.com
Eggy may retain personal information in circumstances where we have legal and regulatory obligations to do so. We may also retain anonymised information for analytic and service development purposes.
11. Do Not Track
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services.
12. External Links
Please note that Eggy may contain links to third party sites. If you navigate to a third party site from Eggy, any data you provide to that site and any use of that data by the third party are not under the control of Eggy and are not subject to this Policy. You should consult the privacy policies of each site you visit.
13. Specific Provisions for California Residents
This section contains information relevant to residents of California, including the rights that California residents have under California law. In particular, it references the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA).
We use the personal information that we collect or receive for business purposes as described above under the section titled “What information we collect and why we collect it”.
We may disclose the above listed categories of personal information to third parties for business purposes as described above under the section titled “Who we may share your information with”. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed all the categories of personal information detailed above for business purposes.
As previously mentioned in this Policy, we do not “sell” (as such term is defined in the CCPA) your personal information.
You are entitled to the following specific rights under the CCPA, subject to certain exceptions, in relation to personal information related to you:
- You have a right to request access to the personal information we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including: (i) the categories of personal information we collect about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; (v) the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
- You have a right to request that we delete personal information related to you that we collected from you under certain circumstances and exceptions.
- You also have a right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
- You also have a right to submit your request via an authorised agent. If you use an authorised agent to submit a request to access or delete your personal information on your behalf, the authorised agent must: (1) be a person or business entity registered with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California; (2) provide proof of such registration; and (3) provide documentation or other proof indicating that they are authorised to act on your behalf. We may also require you to verify your identity directly with us, and directly confirm with us that you provided the authorised agent permission to submit the request.
To make such requests, we kindly ask that you send a request using Eggy’s in-app customer support portal. If you do not have an active Eggy account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, including email address.
A request for access can be made by you only twice within a 12-months period. Any disclosures that we provide will only cover the 12-months period preceding receipt of your request. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable User request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will inform you of the reasons for such a decision and provide you with a cost estimate before processing further your request.
14. Policy changes
If you've got any questions or concerns about how your information is being handled or protected, please email email@example.com. We'll respond as quickly as possible.
In the event that you're not satisfied with our response, or you'd like to make a formal complaint, you can also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) by phoning 1300 363 992 or email firstname.lastname@example.org